    Regards,
    -Robin
    --

    Robin, Apr 4, 2004

  2. Robin

    Uri Guttman Guest

    R> I had one question, does anyone here work on developing perl, the language?
    R> I'd like to talk to some of the team.

    oh, i can't wait to hear your suggestions. i first need to go to the
    hospital to have them stitch up my sides in advance of my splitting
    them.

    uri

    Uri Guttman, Apr 4, 2004

  3. Also sprach Robin:

    > I had one question, does anyone here work on developing perl, the language?
    > I'd like to talk to some of the team.

    Yes, there are a few in this group. Development of Perl5 happens through
    a mailinglist (for which also a mail2news gateway exists). See

    <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group%3Aperl.perl5.porters&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en>

    to get an idea of how development is carried out. After browsing the
    archive a bit, you'll realize that it has its own implicit rules and
    conventions.

    I have my doubts that you are already able to take part in these
    discussions (and bear in mind that the p5-porters are a busy bunch of
    people). Search for "This Week on perl5-porters" in this group. Those
    are the weekly summaries of what has been discussed.

    Tassilo

    Tassilo v. Parseval, Apr 4, 2004
  4. Robin

    Joe Smith Guest

    Robin wrote:

    > I had one question, does anyone here work on developing perl, the language?
    > I'd like to talk to some of the team.

    Yes, there are many here.
    Why do you ask?
    The coding style in you poorly written BBS script shows that you are not
    willing to accept advice from people more knowlegable than yourself.

    Why do you want to pester the developers with newbie questions?
    Are you implying that everyone replying to your posts thus far are
    imbeciles?

    Most people posting here have been too polite to say it:
    You are not competent enough to recognize your own failings.

    You really ought to find a class in beginning Perl, such as at
    a local community college, and perform a semester's worth of
    homework assignments before putting up any of your code for downloading.

    -Joe

    Joe Smith, Apr 4, 2004