Keypress in Opera

Robert

Hi,
I'm having quite an annoying problem with Opera.
I have set up a keypress event handler which should react to any
alphabetic character.
In Opera however when I press F5 the event.keyCode=116. And when I press
"t" event.keyCode=116. How can I make the distinction between F5 and "t"?

Is there some reference for javascript objects in Opera somewhere?

Thanks!
Robert

Robert

Tony said:
Yes - but I can't remember where to find it. Searching terms like "Opera
javascript keypress" should help.

I searched before posting and didn't quite get what I was looking for.
I dealt with this awhile ago when I built a "breakout" type game
(incomplete - just a trial run) - feel free to take a look over the code
here: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/tony23/bricks.htm

Still fun to play :)
I had in mind to make tetris in javascript some time.
I'm pretty sure you can find the answer in there.

Didn't find what I was looking for. But I found out by myself that Opera
also supports the proprietary which property for keyboard events. And I
can make the distinction now.