Knowledge base is MISSING THE FIX for validators problem

Sean

I'm having the problem described in KB article 822734. You can see it
at this URL: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822734

In the article it says I can get the fix by "clicking on the download
link later in this article." But there _is_ no download link later in
the article.

I've tried working around the problem, by parsing through every
control in my ASP.NET page, seeing if it's a BaseValidator, checking
if it's in the Validators collection, and if not putting it there, but
this cuases other weird problems. (For instance, it for some reason
disables any buttons that have CausesValidation set to false. I have
no idea why.) The code I used to do this is below.

Is there anyone here who knows where I can get the fix? Is it
somewhere on that web site and I just can't find it?

Sean

protected void FixBrokenValidators(Control _parentControl)
{
if(_parentControl is BaseValidator &&
!Validators.Contains((BaseValidator) _parentControl))
{
Validators.Add((BaseValidator) _parentControl);
}

foreach(Control childControl in _parentControl.Controls)
{
FixBrokenValidators(childControl);

Sean

I did read the resolution section; that's the part I quoted in my
original post -- the part that says to download from the link later in
the article, when there is in fact no link later in the article.

(There's a link shortly after that, but it's not for the patch, it's
just a contact page for Microsoft. Perhaps you assumed that was the
link for downloading the patch and thought I'd missed it?)

Sean

Sean

Can any of the MSFT people here tell me if there's a way I can report
this KB page with the missing download without having to go through
all the BS of signing up for passport and jumping through hoops just
to try and do a favor and report this?

Sean