Komodo, Python

Isaac@AU

I just started learning python. I have komodo2.5 in my computer. And I installed python2.7. I tried to write python scripts in komodo. But every time I run the code, there's always the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo 2.5\callkomodo\kdb.py", line 920, in
<module>
requestor, connection_port, cookie = ConnectToListener(localhost_addr, port)

File "C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo 2.5\callkomodo\kdb.py", line 872, in
ConnectToListener
cookie = makeCookie()
File "C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo 2.5\callkomodo\kdb.py", line 146, in
makeCookie
generator=whrandom.whrandom()
NameError: global name 'whrandom' is not defined

Is it the compatibility problem? Can anybody tell how to fix this problem? Because komodo is not free, so I don't want to uninstall komodo.

Dieter Maurer

Isaac@AU said:
I just started learning python. I have komodo2.5 in my computer. And I installed python2.7. I tried to write python scripts in komodo. But every time I run the code, there's always the error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo 2.5\callkomodo\kdb.py", line 920, in
<module>
requestor, connection_port, cookie = ConnectToListener(localhost_addr, port)

File "C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo 2.5\callkomodo\kdb.py", line 872, in
ConnectToListener
cookie = makeCookie()
File "C:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo 2.5\callkomodo\kdb.py", line 146, in
makeCookie
generator=whrandom.whrandom()
NameError: global name 'whrandom' is not defined

This is a bug in "kdb.py". I forgets to import "whrandom".

In addition it shows that the "kdb.py" code is very old. "whrandom"
is been replaced by "random" a long time ago.