KPGN display for Khmer Chess using Java Script.

Tuy Solang

This is our first Java Script. You are inivited to view it
at : http://jinpusa.angelfire.com/

It will be slow at first because it need to download all
the bitmap files for the pieces and two mp3 files.

Any feed back can be sent to (e-mail address removed) or
post the following up here.

Thank and Regards.

Ian Hobson

Tuy said:
This is our first Java Script. You are inivited to view it
at : http://jinpusa.angelfire.com/

It will be slow at first because it need to download all
the bitmap files for the pieces and two mp3 files.
As a person who just runs into the site....

After a LOOONNNNGGG pause, is draws stuff - but no images yet.

Then it starts making a noise. At that point I'm outta here! (even
though I want to help).

1) Make it load in 10% of the time. Remember approx half of internet
users worldwide are still on dial-up.
2) Turn the sound OFF by default. Your visitor might be at work!

Regards

Ian

rf

Ian Hobson said:
As a person who just runs into the site....

After a LOOONNNNGGG pause,

while your browser downloads *six megabytes* of .mp3. Totally outrageous.
is draws stuff - but no images yet.

All the images (of the chess men), are BMP's. Images on a web page should
NOT be BMP's.

We don't know how big the BMP's are because each one is a 404.
Then it starts making a noise. At that point I'm outta here! (even though
I want to help).

Ditto. A good site to stay away from.

Tuy Solang

Hi Ian,

Thanks for suggestion.

I don't know how to to do what you have suggested above.
However I will convert those BMP files(2kb) each to jpeg.

How to turn off the music or download on demand?
Here is the code for the music.

</head><body>
<embed nosave="false" loop="true" width="172" height="128" src="M0247.mp3">
<embed nosave="false" loop="true" width="172" height="128" src="M0248.mp3">

The reason that I put the music along is that most of the players
gathered at the barbershop everywhere in Cambodia to play chess.
And these two singers who were murdered by the khmer rouge had this
song about the lives of the barbers/hair dressers. And as I grew up
over there, I spent a lot of time at the barbershop playing chess.