Language Semantics: @ symbol??

Enigma Curry

Steven D'Aprano

James said:

Doesn't work for me, I just get an (almost) empty
Google page. Doesn't even say "No results were found",
just a Google logo, some standard links in the footer,
text box, etc.

Even if Google did search for bare @ signs, surely the
first bazillion and a half hits would be email address?

Peter Hansen

Steven said:
Doesn't work for me, I just get an (almost) empty
Google page. Doesn't even say "No results were found",
just a Google logo, some standard links in the footer,
text box, etc.

FWIW, same here. Also the same for all other punctuation which I tried
except "*" which produces a tiny bit of something related to news, and
"&" which does in fact work "as expected" (though I now have to reset my
expectations of what should work, as apparently James does).

-Peter

James Stroud

Peter said:
FWIW, same here. Also the same for all other punctuation which I tried
except "*" which produces a tiny bit of something related to news, and
"&" which does in fact work "as expected" (though I now have to reset my
expectations of what should work, as apparently James does).

-Peter

Sorry, bad humor.

James