calldll for Python 2.5

Larry Bates

I've implemented several libraries using calldll (originally on
Python 2.2) and posted recipe on ASPN for a general implementation
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/146847.
If I were doing it over again today, I would use ctypes, but I
have thousands of lines of library code that are dependent on
calldll. Anyone out there have a version that works with Python
2.5 so I don't have to a massive rewrite?

Thanks in advance,
Larry

Thomas Heller

Larry said:
I've implemented several libraries using calldll (originally on
Python 2.2) and posted recipe on ASPN for a general implementation
http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/146847.
If I were doing it over again today, I would use ctypes, but I
have thousands of lines of library code that are dependent on
calldll. Anyone out there have a version that works with Python
2.5 so I don't have to a massive rewrite?

Can't you write a calldll replacement with ctypes?

Thomas

Robin Becker

Thomas said:
Can't you write a calldll replacement with ctypes?

Thomas
I just tried and the latest calldll compiles pretty much out of the box and so I
sent him the pyd. Just more legacy code; eventually calldll won't compile and
then the conversion will be forced anyhow.