    Thanks in advance for any comment and suggestion!!!

    Ivan
    , Aug 29, 2005

  2. David Browne Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Thanks for reading my post! :)
    >
    > I would like to ask a question about passing data in ASP.Net.
    > Currently, I use a session variable to keep this data(string) to allow
    > several pages to reference it. However, the application is going to be
    > complicated and data is increasing it size. The application performance
    > is deteriorating day by day.
    >
    > The size of the data can be up to about 150kb, and all of them is
    > useful and cannot be removed. Also, the data is different for each user
    > and changing each the user visit the page.
    >
    > Apart from session variable, what else can give the same functionality
    > but better performance?

    Session variables have the best performance available, 150kb is not really a
    lot. A web server with just 1G of memory can support thousands of 150kb
    sessions.

    Do you have a 150kb string? Stuffed with different data? If so, don't do
    that. You can put objects in the session, the prohibition against it was a
    limitation of "old" ASP, and no longer exists. Otherwise, use a profiler to
    find your performance problems.

    David
    David Browne, Aug 29, 2005

    Thanks David!!!

    Maybe you are right. In fact I haven't found out what is the real cause
    of the poor performance.
    I will try to use a profiler as you suggest.

    Thanks again!

    Ivan
    , Aug 30, 2005