lastModified from file on clientside

Pugi!

I would like to get the lastModified datetime from a file on the
clientside.
I use a form, the forms does an upload of a file, but after the upload
the modification datetime is changed. So I got to find a way to
retrieve the modification date and time from the file selected for
update after it is selected and before it is uploaded.

Pugi!

VK

Pugi! said:
I would like to get the lastModified datetime from a file on the
clientside.
I use a form, the forms does an upload of a file, but after the upload
the modification datetime is changed. So I got to find a way to
retrieve the modification date and time from the file selected for
update after it is selected and before it is uploaded.

You cannot do that with the default security settings. If you are
programming for intranet and/or have control over security settings of
all involved machine then you may use FileSystemObject (IE) and XPCOM
interfaces (Gecko).