Launch Applet from JSP: ClassNotFoundException

Discussion in 'Java' started by cdvr, Mar 21, 2007.

  1. cdvr

    cdvr Guest

    I have the following file structure...

    MyApp.war\
    WEB-INF\
    classes\
    com\
    blah\
    BlahApplet.class
    my.jsp

    I am using Jboss.

    Anyways, in "my.jsp" I have...

    <jsp:plugin name="Blah"
    type="applet"
    code="com.blah.BlahApplet.class"
    width="100"
    height="100"
    codebase="WEB-INF/classes"
    archive="OtherJars/some.jar">
    </jsp:plugin>

    I have tried changing codebase to be "."......but I still get a
    ClassNotFoundException "com.blah.BlahApplet.class"

    what I am missing here.

    cdvr, Mar 21, 2007

  2. On Mar 21, 10:39 pm, "cdvr" <> wrote:
    > I have the following file structure...
    >
    > MyApp.war\
    > WEB-INF\
    > classes\
    > com\
    > blah\
    > BlahApplet.class

    Resources in WEB-INF will not be accessible
    to loading by browsers. Class files for applets
    must exist within the 'publicly browsable'
    area of the server.

    It is also a good idea to jar the applet classes.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 21, 2007