    or
    How can I make VCStudio attach to B without doing it manualy ?

    thanx
    franckspike, Jul 3, 2008

  2. franckspike

    Boris Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 00:02:51 +0200, franckspike <>
    wrote:

    > Launching a process (exe) using the same process id as the launcher,
    > how is it possible ?
    >
    > I want my VCStudio to launch my executable (which is not in
    > developpement) and this exe will launch the exe module I am currently
    > developping with the correct arguments, I want to debug it not the
    > wrapper that launched it
    >
    > VCStudio starts as debug --> A which starts --> B which loads -->
    > C.dll which I want to debug
    >
    > How can B have the same process id as A ??
    > or
    > How can I make VCStudio attach to B without doing it manualy ?

    If you put __debugbreak() into the module which you want to debug you can
    attach VC++ to the newly started process rather easily (see
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f408b4et.aspx). And please ask in
    a VC++ newsgroup next time if you have a VC++-related question.

    Boris
    Boris, Jul 3, 2008