Launching javascript from the desktop

Oriane

Hi there,

I would like to run a javascript file directly from the desktop, like a
VBScript file. So my post is perhaps "out of topic" in which case I
apologize.

The goal is to run this sort of script, which in turn will open an HTML page
inside a Windows window:
"window.open (http://www..., arg...)"

Thus, it will avoid the internet user from opening a navigator...

Besrt regards

Jeff Dillon

Oriane said:
Hi there,

I would like to run a javascript file directly from the desktop, like a
VBScript file. So my post is perhaps "out of topic" in which case I
apologize.

The goal is to run this sort of script, which in turn will open an HTML
page inside a Windows window:
"window.open (http://www..., arg...)"

Thus, it will avoid the internet user from opening a navigator...

Besrt regards

Or open a cmd prompt, and enter "start www.microsoft.com"

bruce barker

they run the same as vbscript, just use extension ".js".

but because wsh is running the script, not the browser, there is no
window.open (as this feature is supplied by the browser). for intrenal, you
may want to look at using an hta file instead.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi Oriane,

As others mentioned, jscript is also a supported script language for
windows script host. You can use jscript to write script files that can be
launched from windows shell or explorer.

#JScript (Windows Script Technologies)
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hbxc2t98.aspx

#Scripting

Sincerely,