LDAP

Nick Cuckson

I am trying to traverse a tree structure in an LDAP server. This is
fine as long as I don't want to get to a parent context above my
starting point. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or not?

The context I am working in is that a user can insert an object at any
point in the tree, but the app must validate were the user is
inserting it and ensure it goes into the right place.

I find it hard to believe that this is not possible, but I can't find
anything in the API docs relating to it. I've also read the Sun
tutorial, so if it's in there can you let me know where...

thanks,
Nick