traversing LDAP name space

Nick Cuckson

I am trying to traverse a name space in an LDAP server. This is
fine as long as I don't want to get to a parent context above my
starting point. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or not?

The context I am working in is that a user can insert an object at any
point in the name space, but the app must validate were the user is
inserting it and ensure it goes into the right place.

I find it hard to believe that this is not possible, but I can't find
anything in the API docs relating to it. I've also read the Sun
tutorial, so if it's in there can you let me know where...

thanks,
Nick