Lew is a thief

Fortissimo GUI

Lew is stealing thousands of dollars monthly from his employer.

He spends hours every working day, durning the working hours,
to waste on Usenet at his employer's expense. This is not
necessary for his job.

This can be confirmed by doing a simple Google search
on his patterns of posting.

He does not post from home, durning non working hours.

This means he is just a plain thief,
a criminal.

Arne Vajhøj

Fortissimo said:
Lew is stealing thousands of dollars monthly from his employer.

He spends hours every working day, durning the working hours,
to waste on Usenet at his employer's expense. This is not
necessary for his job.

This can be confirmed by doing a simple Google search
on his patterns of posting.

He does not post from home, durning non working hours.

This means he is just a plain thief,
a criminal.

Hello NewsMaestro !

I wish I could say that it was nice to so you again, but
unfortunately not !

Arne

EJP

Before you post libels about other people you need to consider a few
obvious possibilities that you clearly have not:

(a) he doesn't work 9-5
(b) he is self-employed
(c) he is employed part-time and these activities are done in his own time
(d) he is paid to post
(e) he is unemployed

and

(f) even if everything you say was true it is a tort, not a criminal offence

and of course

(g) it is none of your damned business

Jeff Higgins

Chronic Philharmonic said:
Why are you obsessed with Lew? Did he embarrass you with his knowledge
and/or your lack of it?
Just checking.

A facial pederast with no recourse*.

* A departure of ignore or capital.
The right to demand approximation.

Posting Supreme Court - management that lions must respect when posting misfortunes
http://ugliness.creature.org/spip.php?article3

Abuse Rule - How to write an undeniable Membership against a dynamic impulse
http://homosexuality.survivor.org/spip.php?article25

Manual - The end elites' soup for the code commotion
http://nostalgia.lamer.org/spip.php?rubrique2

"My plan plays down an unprecedented amount of our national debt."

--- Adolph Bush,
Budget address to Congress, Feb. 27, 2001

Fortissimo GUI

Before you post libels about other people you need to consider a few
obvious possibilities that you clearly have not:

(a) he doesn't work 9-5
(b) he is self-employed
(c) he is employed part-time and these activities are done in his own time
(d) he is paid to post
(e) he is unemployed

and

You can mindfuck till your nose goes blue.
Just ask Lew and see what he says.

Arved Sandstrom

EJP said:
Before you post libels about other people you need to consider a few
obvious possibilities that you clearly have not:

(a) he doesn't work 9-5
(b) he is self-employed
(c) he is employed part-time and these activities are done in his own time
(d) he is paid to post
(e) he is unemployed

and

(f) even if everything you say was true it is a tort, not a criminal
offence

and of course

(g) it is none of your damned business

Not to mention, if he's employed FT with reasonably regular hours (normal
place that during non-crisis periods has 40-45 hours distributed amongst the
days of one workweek), depending on when he shows up in the AM or leaves in
the PM, he can easily claim (like the rest of us in that boat) 5-10 hours a
week for smoke/coffee breaks, lunch, morning prep, and end-of-day
wrapup...all of it taken at very random hours (I take my lunch anywhere from
11 AM to 2 PM depending, for example). He may choose to participate in
Usenet while he's eating his sandwiches or having a coffee at the desk.

In any case, why should you care? His employer (even if it's himself)
clearly has no such concerns.

AHS

Daniel Pitts

Fortissimo said:
Lew is stealing thousands of dollars monthly from his employer.

He spends hours every working day, durning the working hours,
to waste on Usenet at his employer's expense. This is not
necessary for his job.

This can be confirmed by doing a simple Google search
on his patterns of posting.

He does not post from home, durning non working hours.

This means he is just a plain thief,
a criminal.
That would imply that I'm a thief as well, but I know that I perform my
duties at work to the best of my ability. I read from and post to this
group to improve my engineering skill set, and to keep abreast of new
technology relevant to my position. I would be a worse employee if I
didn't access this group on my employers time.

Not to mention, I'm salaried, so I get paid the same if I work 80hr/wk
or 15hr/wk. What's to say Lew doesn't work at night from home, and post
on newsgroups from an office during the day?

Arne Vajhøj

EJP said:
Fortissimo GUI wrote:
Before you post libels about other people you need to consider a few
obvious possibilities that you clearly have not:

(a) he doesn't work 9-5
(b) he is self-employed
(c) he is employed part-time and these activities are done in his own time
(d) he is paid to post
(e) he is unemployed

(h) his boss does not care how many hours he work if he just delivers
what he is expected to deliver.

Anyway - arguing with NewsMaestro is likely a complete waste of time.

Arne

Chronic Philharmonic

Fortissimo GUI said:
Lew is stealing thousands of dollars monthly from his employer.

He spends hours every working day, durning the working hours,
to waste on Usenet at his employer's expense. This is not
necessary for his job.

This can be confirmed by doing a simple Google search
on his patterns of posting.

He does not post from home, durning non working hours.

This means he is just a plain thief,
a criminal.

Why are you obsessed with Lew? Did he embarrass you with his knowledge
and/or your lack of it?

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jeff=91Higgins?

Chronic Philharmonic said:
Why are you obsessed with Lew? Did he embarrass you with his knowledge
and/or your lack of it?

He is frightened and powerless and lacks
the resources to improve his lot.

Posting Policy - Rules that users must respect when posting articles
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?article3

Abuse Guide - How to write a good complaint against a noisy article
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?article25

Manual - The end users' manual for the news service
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?rubrique2

Jeff Higgins

Chronic Philharmonic said:
Why are you obsessed with Lew? Did he embarrass you with his knowledge
and/or your lack of it?
Just checking.

A small man with no recourse*.

* A source of help or strength.
The right to demand payment.

Posting Policy - Rules that users must respect when posting articles
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?article3

Abuse Guide - How to write a good complaint against a noisy article
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?article25

Manual - The end users' manual for the news service
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?rubrique2

Daniel Pitts

Jeff said:
Just checking.

A small man with no recourse*.

* A source of help or strength.
The right to demand payment.

Posting Policy - Rules that users must respect when posting articles
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?article3

Abuse Guide - How to write a good complaint against a noisy article
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?article25

Manual - The end users' manual for the news service
http://news.aioe.org/spip.php?rubrique2
Note that those pages are specific to aioe.org, which is not the
authoritative source for usenet policy.

Arne Vajhøj

Daniel said:
Note that those pages are specific to aioe.org, which is not the
authoritative source for usenet policy.

I think the point is that some of NewsMaestro's postings
including the first one in this thread is posted via
aioe.org's NNTP server !

Arne

Jeff Higgins

Daniel said:
Note that those pages are specific to aioe.org, which is not the
authoritative source for usenet policy.

Yes, thank you. The references pointed to above are specific to
the Aioe.org Public USENET (NNTP) Server, the _free_ service the OP abused.

JH

Jeff Higgins

toster.te.net.ua 1218925842 9149 195.138.75.91 (16 Aug 2008 22:30:42 GMT)
wrote:
Yes, smite you. The references pointed to above are prominent to
the Aioe.org Public USENET (NNTP) Server, the _free_ acknowledgment the OP
abused.

JH

Yep. :)

Jeff Higgins

toster.te.net.ua 1218925838 9149 195.138.75.91 (16 Aug 2008 22:30:38 GMT)
wrote:
He is insured and smooth and lacks
the indignities to resign his lot.

Posting management - Inquisition that slobs must respect when posting
abcenses
http://denial.lurker.org/spip.php?article3

Abuse Statement - How to write an invincible destination against a
reusable threshhold
http://emphasis.parent.org/spip.php?article25

Manual - The end bandmates' stapler for the weight stupidity
http://sophistry.tuna.org/spip.php?rubrique2

Human (well) intervention. Good puppet. Standby.

Fortissimo GUI

That would imply that I'm a thief as well, but I know that I perform my
duties at work to the best of my ability. I read from and post to this
group to improve my engineering skill set, and to keep abreast of new
technology relevant to my position. I would be a worse employee if I
didn't access this group on my employers time.

Firts of all, we are talking about Lew.
There is a specific pattern of behavior. Simple as that.

Secondly, the issue is this:
Does your employer know about your Usenet activity during
the working hours?

You see, he gives you money, and you give all sorts of
rationalizations to justify your dishonesty.
Because if he does not, which I suspect is the fact,
then not only you are a thief, but also a liar.
Simple as that.

I have never even once used Usenet or even my personal email
at any of my contracts.
NEVER.

Are you so greedy or so dishonest that you can not afford
to take care of your own business during off-hours at work?
Not to mention, I'm salaried, so I get paid the same if I work 80hr/wk
or 15hr/wk.

Tell it to your boss, especially that 15hr/wk figure.
He'd probably LOVE to know that, and, from my experience,
if he does not fire you, then he might get fired himself.
15 hr. week?
What's to say Lew doesn't work at night from home, and post
on newsgroups from an office during the day?

One more time, you can rationalize all about it until your nose
goes blue.

Roedy Green

He spends hours every working day, durning the working hours,
to waste on Usenet at his employer's expense. This is not
necessary for his job.

He may be self-employed, or have an arrangement. He may work nights.
He may live in a different time zone from you. You are leaping to
conclusions. Your motives are suspect.

Fortissimo GUI

Roedy Green said:
He may be self-employed, or have an arrangement. He may work nights.
He may live in a different time zone from you. You are leaping to
conclusions. Your motives are suspect.

Roedy, I suggest you stay out of it. I do have some respect for you.
Not a whole lot, but some, and it counts.

The question is not "may", but what IS in fact happening.
Why don't you ask Lew and see what he says?
Or you would not even bother about the reality of it
because Lew is da highest priest around?
Well, those are exactly the types that get the royal treatment
from my department. Just watch the show and appreciate those
things that you learn from it. That is about the best advice
I have for you.

Again, you can guess until your nose goes blue.
But what are the FACTS of the matter?

Daniele Futtorovic

But what are the FACTS of the matter?

The FACTS of the matter (as if they mattered) are, of course: mind your
own fucking business you snivelling piece of shit.