libglade for python-2

Doug

I am having some fun running a program called pygps. This uses libglade
and runs fine on my very old Redhat 7.? system running Python 1.5.2. I
have not needed to make any changes to the import files (see below). The
program uses a glade generated pygps.glade xml file for the gui. I like
the way this works and the ability to edit the xml(?) with glade.

Now on my Fedora system which has version 2 of just about everything it
will not run and I cannot figure how to get the code to work. The
site packages include a glade.so file but there is no libglade.

Googling I have not found specifc support for libglade in anything other
than ada and c, nothing for python 2.0.

Is there a mechanism to invoke libglade operation (ie a separate xml
file generated by glade-2 like I have with the old python 1 system?

Note that I have discovered the older glade files are not compatible with
glade-2.

Is libglade dead now for python-2 or am I missing something?

See:
http://pygps.org/

Imports from pygps:

import GDK
from gtk import *
import math
import socket, string
import libglade
import GdkImlib
import os
from LatLongUTMconversion import LLtoUTM
import NMEA

(Ignore the last two, they are local but I have
included them for completeness)

Doug