Library and Webcontrol and Sample

Mythran

I have a library I'm trying to test.

This library is part of a 3-part solution.

3 projects in the solution, the Library, the WebControl, and the Sample Web
Application.

The sample web app references the web control by Project reference.
The web control project references the library project by Project reference.
The library is a simple library (no attributes or anything extra). It has one
property, Bold.

Library:

Public Class MyLibrary
Private mBold As Boolean = True
Public Property Bold() As Boolean
Get
Return mBold
End Get
Set (ByVal Value As Boolean)
mBold = Value
End Set
End Property
End Class

The web control has all the default code plus 1 additional private member
(mMyLibrary As MyLibrary) as well as 1 additional property:

Public Property MyLibrary() As MyLibrary
Get
Return mMyLibrary
End Get
Set (ByVal Value As MyLibrary)
mMyLibrary = Value
End Set
End Property

There are no conflicts in naming like there is in the sample code above because
in my code, I'm using namespaces to separate them and they aren't even named the
same (property vs class).

Ok, all is well, now when I try to compile, everything compiles fine and I do not
get an error (at least that you can see w/o further investigation that I found).
When I go to view the webcontrol, everything looks good, with one exception:

The web control is what was compiled, if I change something (say a MsgBox in the
Render() of the web control), it gets displayed as I changed it, but if I change
something in the Library, it does not take effect. I have to close down the IDE
completely (not just the solution, but the whole IDE application), then delete
the obj/Debug/AssemblyNameHere.dll file in order for me to show any changes to
the Library.

I found that (while opening the task list) when I compile the solution (or just
the library) there is a task that is displayed briefly and then removed. It
states that the file can't be written to because it is in use by another process.

Why does this happen? It locks the output file so I can't output to it at all.
I have to completely close down to get it to work....<mumbles> Does anyone have
a solution for this problem? This affects all of my solutions because all of our
applications have custom controls which make use of custom complex types that we
have written.

BTW, this does not happen to the same solution on a co-workers machine, some of
ours it does, other's it doesn't....same OS, computer setups...everything :(

Mythran