license a server control

TJS

trying to implement example of how to license a server control from this
artricle but no luck.
the "readme" file referred to in article, was not in the download and I have
not been able to get examples to work.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...pp/html/aspnetcontrollicensing.asp?frame=true

has anybody tried this successfully ?

If so, what steps are needed to get the example files to run ?

I did this:
--installed download in virtual folder called "ControlLicensing"
--created assembly from bat file and placed it into bin folder
--tried to open example "LicensedLabelTest.aspx"

it only returns the error :

A valid license cannot be granted for the type
LicensedControls.EncryptedLicensedLabel.
Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.