Composite Control Client-Side Validation

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by drop, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. drop

    drop Guest

    Hi,

    I'm using a Composite Date Control that I want to be able to validate
    Client-Side with the ASP RegularExpression Validator. I want the
    validator to be outside of the Composite Control so I can easily move
    it around.

    Right now, I can make Server-Side validation by using
    ValidationPropertyAttribute. The problem is i can't seem to make it
    work Client-Side.

    I found this article (see the section : Which Controls Can Be
    Validated?):

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/aspplusvalid.asp

    According to it, I can enable client-side validation by making the
    property I defined in ValidationPropertyAttribute correspond to the
    value attribute of the HTML element that gets rendered on the client.

    I have no idea how to do this and wasn't able to find any example of
    this be searching on the Net. Could anyone give me a quick example or a
    link to an example of how this is done? It seems pretty simple, but I
    just can't find out how to do it.

    Thank You
    Simon Picard

    drop, Aug 28, 2006

  2. drop

    drop Guest

    BTW, I forgot to mention that I am using ASP .Net 1.1 right now.

    drop, Aug 28, 2006