    Can we redistribute it ?

    thanks and regards,
    buddhika
    Thilina Buddhika, Nov 16, 2007

  2. Thilina Buddhika

    Ron Fox Guest

    http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/http/rdoc/index.html
    Says:
    "This program is free software. You can re-distribute and/or modify this
    program under the same terms of ruby itself — Ruby Distribution License
    or GNU General Public License."

    So that would be a dual license of the Ruby Distribution License or
    the GPL.

    Ruby distribution license is documented in:

    http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/LICENSE.txt

    and the GPL 1/2 text can be found at:
    http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/old-licenses.html#GPL

    while the GPL version 3 is at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

    Ron.

    Ron Fox, Nov 16, 2007

  3. On Nov 16, 2007 6:10 AM, Ron Fox <> wrote:
    > http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/net/http/rdoc/index.html
    > Says:
    > "This program is free software. You can re-distribute and/or modify this
    > program under the same terms of ruby itself =97 Ruby Distribution License
    > or GNU General Public License."
    >
    > So that would be a dual license of the Ruby Distribution License or
    > the GPL.

    That's a sample of 1 from the components of the standard library.

    There are actually a variety of licensing terms in the various pieces of ru=
    by.

    Unfortunately the picture isn't entirely clear see for example
    http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/127946#570845

    --=20
    Rick DeNatale

    My blog on Ruby