License policy for RubyOperatingSystem

Simon Strandgaard

We are planning to make a Ruby Operating System (ROS),
http://ros.rubyforge.org/

We have some concerns about which license policy we should choose,
OSI compatibility.. I am no expert on this.

Any advices/hints/opinions are appreciated ?

--
Simon Strandgaard

citing discussion between shasckaw and me:

Simon said:
You seems to be much more into licenses than what I am.
I am really bad at reading licenses because English are not my native
language. They trend to use different terminology than what I am
familiar with.

If you think you have a good understanding of licenses, then you should
decide ROS'es license scheme.
Glups.
My mother tongue is not english either, it is french (I live in belgium)
And I'm not lawyer at all.
And determining a license scheme is a truly hard thing, we must have a
really clear idea of the organisation of Ros.

What I know about licenses tell me that their use is easy when you just
use one license with no third party code with different license, and
their use is headache when you want to use multiple licensing or when
you want to keep the copyright. And you can rapidly use multiple
licensing just when using third party code.

How can we know how to do?
Well, what about asking FSF or OSI about the compatibility of Ruby
license with GPL and others?

Paul William

Make it was same as ruby.

[...]

: :' : Debian admin and user
`. `'`
`- Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system