Limit Login Access

tchangmian

I want to limit user login by writing ASP program. In details, if a
user had logged in wrongly for more than three times, then the user
will not be abled to log in to the system anymore even thought he key
in correctly the username and password in the 4th time. That's means
he cant login forever until the administrator edit his status in the
database
Can i refer to any ASP sample coding for this application?

Evertjan.

tchangmian wrote on 17 dec 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I want to limit user login by writing ASP program. In details, if a
user had logged in wrongly for more than three times, then the user
will not be abled to log in to the system anymore even thought he key
in correctly the username and password in the 4th time. That's means
he cant login forever until the administrator edit his status in the
database
Can i refer to any ASP sample coding for this application?

Why asking the same again in this NG,
which was discussed in this thread started by you on 13 Dec.?

<http://tinyurl.com/3payn>

Gérard Leclercq

Add 1 field to your table, lets say Active
After 3 times with a wrong psw, set active=False

Suppose LOGIN=GERARD, psw=ASP

SELECT login, psw,active From myTable where login='GERARD' AND psw='ASP' AND
actice=True

or

SELECT login, psw,active From myTable where login='GERARD' AND psw='ASP'

If RS.eof=False
if RS("active")=False then
Msgbox("Not active") or Response.Write "Not Active"
else
Msgbox("Welcome") or Response.Write "Welcome"
End if

else
Msgbox("Not Found")
End If

Gérard Leclercq

Hi EvertJan,

Maybe because not everyone have open the posting of 13 dec. Just like me
:))

Gérard