Line number on error message?

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Craig Deelsnyder

I'm 99% sure I used to see a line number referenced in my ASP.NET error
messages but sometime over the last couple of weeks the error messages no
longer reference one. Am I imagining things or could something have changed?

did you compile in debug mode? you can see if there's a .pdb file in
the bin folder with the dll file. That usually gives line numbers in
error messages.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Craig Deelsnyder said:
did you compile in debug mode? you can see if there's a .pdb file in
the bin folder with the dll file. That usually gives line numbers in
error messages.

That was it - I flipped it over to Release mode to put it into production
and forgot to flip it back. I *knew* something had changed ... : )

--
Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Shan Plourde

If your binaries do not have corresponding .pdb (program debug database)
files, then you won't see line numbers. You will see method calls, but
not line numbers.
Shan Plourde