Line wrapping

Mark

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 06:26:37 -0500, Jeff Higgins

On 01/19/2012 04:00 AM, Mark wrote:
I saw that comment but, as I could not find documentation for that
parameter, I assumed that the poster was wrong. I will try it out but
prefer to rely on documented behaviour ;-)
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/org/w3c/dom/DOMConfiguration.html>
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-LS-20040407/load-save.html#LS-LSSerializer-config>

Here's a working example. However this does not address your request for
a configurable pretty printer.
<http://www.chipkillmar.net/2009/03/25/pretty-print-xml-from-a-dom/>

Is there any known bugs that might affect this (Method 2)? It is
throwing an Exception/Error that the documentation does not mention.
[java.lang.AbstractMethodError]

Runs as expected for me using the authors source and example xml,
located here:

<http://www.chipkillmar.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/pretty-print-xml-src.jar>

and using this Java:
java version "1.6.0_18"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.8.10) (6b18-1.8.10-0+squeeze2)
OpenJDK Client VM (build 14.0-b16, mixed mode, sharing)

the docs say "shouldn't happen at runtime, except ..."
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/AbstractMethodError.html>

there are no Uses listed here:
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/lang/class-use/AbstractMethodError.html>

stacktrace?

Thanks for the input. The bug only manifested itself on one platform
(AIX) and I have gone back to using Xerces which works for me. I
can't post the full test for confidentiality reasons, I'm afraid.
--
(\__/) M.

Lew

Mark said:
Thanks for the input. The bug only manifested itself on one platform
(AIX) and I have gone back to using Xerces which works for me. I
can't post the full test for confidentiality reasons, I'm afraid.

No, but then no one is asking you to. What we *are* asking for is an SSCCE.
Surely you can put one together without violating confidentiality. In fact,
you need to do that for yourself just to understand what went wrong.

It makes me hot under the collar when people pull the pathetic
"confidentiality" excuse not to go through the effort of diagnosing their
issue. As if we needed anything confidential. Just put together a minimum case
that demonstrates your problem.

If your situation is so very frakkin' confidential that you really cannot
share any relevant details to your issue, don't bloody waste our time and even
yours posting requests for help in a public, non-confidential forum. We won't
psychically divine your answers when you won't share enough details to ask a
meaningful or useful question.