  1. meltedown

    meltedown Guest

    How do I get line breaks to show up in the default text of a text area ?
    meltedown, Oct 20, 2005

  2. meltedown

    Mark Parnell Guest

    In our last episode, meltedown <> pronounced to
    alt.html:

    > How do I get line breaks to show up in the default text of a text area ?

    Press Enter. :)

    <textarea>Default text with a
    line break</textarea>

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Oct 20, 2005

  3. meltedown

    meltedown Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:
    > In our last episode, meltedown <> pronounced to
    > alt.html:
    >

    >>How do I get line breaks to show up in the default text of a text area ?

    > Press Enter. :)
    >
    > <textarea>Default text with a
    > line break</textarea>

    But that's not defualt text.
    Actually, I thought the browser was removing the line breaks but I
    figured out that my default text didn't have linebreaks.

    Line breaks in the default text do show up in the testarea.
    meltedown, Oct 20, 2005
  4. meltedown

    Mark Parnell Guest

    In our last episode, meltedown <> pronounced to
    alt.html:

    > But that's not defualt text.

    Looks like it to me.

    > Actually, I thought the browser was removing the line breaks but I
    > figured out that my default text didn't have linebreaks.

    That'd do it. :)

    > Line breaks in the default text do show up in the testarea.

    Indeed.

    Mark Parnell, Oct 20, 2005