Link for downloading a zip file?

Craven Birds

Newbie!

Anyone one know how I can setup a download link so that I can download a zip
file to others from my home page?

Step by step would be appreciated as I'm a newcomer to this game.

TIA

Regards,
Chris

Dylan Parry

Craven said:
Anyone one know how I can setup a download link so that I can download a
zip file to others from my home page?

The same as any other link:

Craven Birds

Craven said:
The same as any other link:

Oh! Tried that all I got was a gobbly gook webpage! Strange, I'll try again.

Thanks

Chris

rf

Craven Birds said:
Oh! Tried that all I got was a gobbly gook webpage! Strange, I'll try
again.

Your server settings, or possibly your browser settings are incorrect then.
Over here it prompts me to open or download the file.

Craven Birds

rf said:
download
again.

Your server settings, or possibly your browser settings are incorrect then.
Over here it prompts me to open or download the file.

Lol, Just tried again and after uploading. You must be the second person to
check it works;-)

I must have made a mistake the first time.

Thanks.

Chris

David Dorward

Craven said:
Oh! Tried that all I got was a gobbly gook webpage! Strange, I'll try
again.

Your server is probably claiming that the zip file is a plain text file, or
something along those lines, and the browser believes it (as it should do).
You should probably take this up with your web host.

Craven Birds

David Dorward said:
Your server is probably claiming that the zip file is a plain text file, or
something along those lines, and the browser believes it (as it should do).
You should probably take this up with your web host.

Thanks, sorted now. My fault :-(((

Chris