    GG-1175498 ____| ]____,
    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj X-( * )
    Rafal(at)Raf256(dot)com ,"----------"

    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Feb 6, 2004

  2. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:

    > I have an .pdf document as a file i.e. manual.pdf
    >
    > To open it in browser I just write <a href="manual.pdf>xxx</a>.

    In *your* browser maybe, but the default action in my browser and many
    other's will be to save the PDF to disk. What happens with the file
    depends entirely on the configuration of the browser.

    > But - is it possible to hae a link that goes directly into specyfic page
    > and/or chapter?

    No. As I say, the action depends on the configuration of the browser, so
    even if there were a way of doing this it would probably only work for a
    handful of browsers.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Feb 6, 2004

  3. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    mscir Guest

    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have an .pdf document as a file i.e. manual.pdf
    >
    > To open it in browser I just write <a href="manual.pdf>xxx</a>.
    >
    > But - is it possible to hae a link that goes directly into specyfic page
    > and/or chapter?
    >
    > I.e. something like href="manual.pdf#page-43" or #-chapter-4.1 etc.?

    TAke a look at this:

    http://www.rdpslides.com/psfaq/FAQ00050.htm

    mscir, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Paul Furman Guest

    PHP has all sorts of functions for working with, even extracting parts
    of pdf files.

    Paul Furman, Feb 6, 2004