link into PDF ?

Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

Hi,
I have an .pdf document as a file i.e. manual.pdf

To open it in browser I just write <a href="manual.pdf>xxx</a>.

But - is it possible to hae a link that goes directly into specyfic page
and/or chapter?

I.e. something like href="manual.pdf#page-43" or #-chapter-4.1 etc.?

Dylan Parry

Rafal said:
I have an .pdf document as a file i.e. manual.pdf

To open it in browser I just write <a href="manual.pdf>xxx</a>.

In *your* browser maybe, but the default action in my browser and many
other's will be to save the PDF to disk. What happens with the file
depends entirely on the configuration of the browser.
But - is it possible to hae a link that goes directly into specyfic page
and/or chapter?

No. As I say, the action depends on the configuration of the browser, so
even if there were a way of doing this it would probably only work for a
handful of browsers.

Paul Furman

PHP has all sorts of functions for working with, even extracting parts
of pdf files.