Link to download a file.

Doru Roman

Hi,

I am a beginner and I try to find out how to create a link so that the user
can download a file.

Thanks,
Doru

Doru Roman

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the answer.
I tried your sample <a
href="C:\Applications\Documentation\HTML.doc">download now</a>
but it doesn't do anything when I click on it.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Well you're gonna need a URL in there, not a local path like you've got.. A
local path will only work when called directly from the web server.

Doru Roman

Can I create a URL on my local PC?
Help here please, I do not have any idea how to do it.

Doru Roman

It's working with http:// on my local machine.
How can I Upload a file please?