    can download a file.

    Thanks,
    Doru

    Doru Roman, Apr 5, 2006

  2. There are a variety of ways depending on your needs.
    The simplest way would be something like this:

    Here's more info on downloading and uploading files:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 6, 2006

  3. Doru Roman

    Doru Roman Guest

    Hi Steve,

    Thanks for the answer.
    I tried your sample <a
    href="C:\Applications\Documentation\HTML.doc">download now</a>
    but it doesn't do anything when I click on it.

    Doru Roman, Apr 6, 2006
  4. Well you're gonna need a URL in there, not a local path like you've got.. A
    local path will only work when called directly from the web server.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 7, 2006
  5. Doru Roman

    Doru Roman Guest

    Can I create a URL on my local PC?
    Help here please, I do not have any idea how to do it.

    Doru Roman, Apr 7, 2006
  6. Doru Roman

    Doru Roman Guest

    It's working with http:// on my local machine.