    is enabled. How do I make the button underlined and appear and act like
    a linkbutton? Currently, it just displays the text like a normal
    label/table cell that has a label.

    Sathyaish, Sep 8, 2005

  2. Sathyaish

    Sathyaish Guest

    It looks like the LinkButton cannot be databound. If it is, it just
    disappears. As a test, I tried this:

    <asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Full Name">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:LinkButton OnClick="dg_ItemCommand">
    <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Full Name")%>
    </asp:LinkButton>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateColumn>

    The column displays the correct full name value but no underlining. I
    am guessing that the grid replaced the linkbutton with a literal
    control. I did this and found out.

    lblMessage.Text = dg.Items(1).Cells(0).Controls(0).GetType.ToString

    in a button_click.

    Then, I tried this:

    <asp:LinkButton id="lnk" style="Z-INDEX: 104; LEFT: 432px; POSITION:
    absolute; TOP: 80px" runat="server">The date and time is: <%#
    System.DateTime.Now.ToLongDateString %></asp:LinkButton>

    And it only showed the link button with the text

    The date and time is:

    How do I have a control in a grid that:

    (1) Is DataBound
    (2) Appears and acts like a linkbutton
    (3) Does not behave like the ItemTemplate's EditItem where you have
    those edit textboxes inside the grid itself.

    Sathyaish, Sep 8, 2005