Linking Problem

Manuel Mayer

Hi. I'm using Vc++ right now...i've build a simple code that is used as
skeletton for all my Windows App.

I'm using 3 Includes : Windows.h, Stdio.h and StdArg.h

when i compile my code i got no error and no warning but when i Build the
entire project I got that error:

WinMain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
UnregisterWindowClasses(struct HINSTANCE__ *)"
(?UnregisterWindowClasses@@YAHPAUHINSTANCE__@@@Z)
Debug/FrameWork.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Any Help plz ?

Manuel Mayer
(e-mail address removed)

John Harrison

Manuel Mayer said:
Hi. I'm using Vc++ right now...i've build a simple code that is used as
skeletton for all my Windows App.

I'm using 3 Includes : Windows.h, Stdio.h and StdArg.h

when i compile my code i got no error and no warning but when i Build the
entire project I got that error:

WinMain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int __cdecl
UnregisterWindowClasses(struct HINSTANCE__ *)"
(?UnregisterWindowClasses@@YAHPAUHINSTANCE__@@@Z)
Debug/FrameWork.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Any Help plz ?

Somewhere in your program you are calling a function called
UnregisterWindowClasses, but you haven't written a function called
UnregisterWindowClasses. This could as simple as a typo, but without seeing
ANY code its impossible to tell.

john