Listing all types in a project/sollution

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by shiretu, Nov 8, 2005.

  1. shiretu

    shiretu Guest

    Hi,

    I have problems listing all the types defined/imported by a project at
    design time. Basically I want a StringConverter to show a combo box in
    my control properties (a property with TypeConverter attribute) at
    design time with all type names from the project containing the
    control.

    Is this possible?

    Currently i enumerate all the assemblies loaded by the designer and
    than all the types from each assembly enumerated. Depending on the
    inheritance of the types, I put them in the combo. But I don't think
    this is a good method because I relay on the assumption that all
    project references are loaded into the AppDomain of the designer and
    second of all, I MUST have a compiled version of the types I want to
    enumerate. I've found some lines of code in other google groups:

    EnvDTE._DTE dte = (EnvDTE._DTE)context.GetService(
    typeof(EnvDTE._DTE));

    Is something about enumerating the types that are not even compiled
    (enumerate from sources in the project) but I didn't find any
    documentation about it....

    Tx

    shiretu, Nov 8, 2005