Listing processes using Perl (Win32)

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Filipe Bonjour, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I'm used to Unix, and shell scripting for doing a variety
    of admin tasks.

    Recently, my company started using Windows as well, and I'm
    looking into the possibility of rewriting some of our scripts
    (Korn shell) for Windows, since we will need much the same
    functionality. I'd like to try it in Perl, for possible
    portability back to Unix (so I woul donly have a set of scripts
    to maintain).

    Actually, most of what I need is pretty mundane:

    * copy files;
    * run .cmd scripts;
    * etc.

    Buf there is one thing that I have been unable to find out
    whether Perl can do it:

    * list all processes in the host, including the process
    owner and command line options.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Thanks in advance,

    Filipe