literal & chanracter in anchor tag name

Guest

Currently I have a user control which contain a <a href> link tag. I have a
requirement to change the name property of the anchor tag to something like
this:

The problem is that when the aspx page renders this user control, the &
character is converted to <literal>&amp;</literal>. So what I end with is:

Is there any way to force the aspx page to render the & character literally
instead of url encoding it?

Guest

Just to clarify (hopefully) what I need the control to render is this:

What it currently renders is this: