    John Dalberg Guest

    I am looking for a software package hopefully open source for a live chat
    system in C#.. one that's similar to phplivesupport.

    I have contacted the vendors I found in the component gallery at asp.net
    but none have responded!! That's poor customer service for me.

    I will probably use an open source one and extend it myself. Any
    suggestions?

    It needs to satisfy these:
    - User, web server and operator are on 3 different machines.
    - Operator should be able to get notified when a chat request comes in. The
    operator could be working in another Window. Having the chat window get
    focus all the time is not an option.

    J.

    John Dalberg, Apr 30, 2004

  2. John Dalberg

    Fluker Guest

    Hi John,

    It's not difficult to develop it yourselves. The basic faundamental for it
    is :

    => Keep a Channel
    => Keep Users hooked to this channel
    => Maintain status (Request,Online,Offline,Chat etc)
    => Keep Messages inserted with related channel.

    Both (user and admin) check the db from time to time. Use a "frame 0" to
    achieve refresh silently so that users(admin and user) will not notice it.

    That's about it !

    I have developed software for my company but can't disclose any further.

    Thanks,
    Best Regards,
    Flu.

    Fluker, Apr 30, 2004