Load DataGrid in DataList programatically?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DotNetJunkies User, Oct 11, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I was wondering if it is possible to load datagrid into datalist programatically using ITemplate interface with the following structure and place intp placeholder control.

    PlaceHolder
    - DataList
    - DataGrid (DataList Item)

    I have hierarchical data that I want to display using webcontrols whilst calculating minimum cost for each courier with Compute() method in DataGrid.

    Country
    - Courier List

    Any advice or example much appreciated.

    Andrew

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net NntpNews Component -

    Post Made from http://www.DotNetJunkies.com/newsgroups Our newsgroup engine supports Post Alerts, Ratings, and Searching.

    DotNetJunkies User, Oct 11, 2004

  2. DotNetJunkies User

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well i have tried datagrid in datagrid and this is what i suggested in
    another post yesterday

    i dont see any problems using DataList as a parent and datagrid as a child.
    ---------------------

    well you said you tried nesting !! i think that is the most appropriate
    solution for Parent Child relations.

    one of the columns there will be another datarid..

    say dgParent has a template column which is a datagrid. dgChild.
    onDataBound event... get the categoryid.. using that either fetch or filter
    correct records for child and bind it to that row's dgChild.

    i have done this a lot of times... infact i had a Parent >> Child >> Child
    relationship and after a bit of tweaking it all worked :)

    HTH

    --

    Regards,

    Hermit Dave