Load PDF in ASPX

Guest

Hello mister, I want to use AcroPDF.dll (ActiveX for Acrobat Reader 7.0) in
an application web ASP.NET 2.0.

My question, it is possible ?? What I can do about it ?

The target for me is load PDF files in a ASPX page.

Thanks, mister. Greetings.

Mark Rae

Hello mister,

Er, hello...

I want to use AcroPDF.dll (ActiveX for Acrobat Reader 7.0) in
an application web ASP.NET 2.0.

My question, it is possible ?? What I can do about it ?
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...GGLG,GGLG:2006-28,GGLG:en&q=AcroPDF+"ASP.NET"

The target for me is load PDF files in a ASPX page.

When you say "load" PDF files, what does that mean...?

If you just want to display a PDF file in a browser, just point at it...
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Reader/8.0/help.pdf

David Longnecker

Perhaps a bit more information is required--what exactly are you trying to
do? If you're simply trying to have a PDF open up for the target user, you
can specify the content type of "application/pdf" and the web browser will
automatically activate Adobe Acrobat for inline reading.

HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";
HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "inline; filename=thePDFfilename.pdf");

HttpContext.Current.Response.BinaryWrite(_objectBytes);
HttpContext.Current.Response.End();

Replace _objectBytes with the stream from either your filesystem or a database.

HTH.

Guest

Hello Mister,

I want to display a PDF file in a browser like IE. The "PDF viewer" should
be in my ASPX Page. My page has several contents (HTML, Images,...) and too
the PDF document.

Thanks.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Does this AcroPDF.dll have a viewer in the code base? If not, you have a
couple of options.

1. Pop up a PDF file. This is not exactly a "viewer", but if the person has
downloaded the latest Acrobat (9.x), he will get the viewer control in his
browser. And, it will leave your site open. The method of "popping up" a PDF
is using the PDF library to create the file and aiming the browser at it.

2. Add an IFrame to the page and display the PDF file there. You will create
an ASPX page that calls the PDF control and outputs the document. This is
Mark's suggestion.

3. Create the PDF as a streamed document and use David's suggestion. Unlike
Excel or XML, PDF is a bit more complex in this regard, so I am not sure it
will work. Perhaps AcroPDF overcomes this?

Without an understanding of AcroPDF and your meaning of loading PDF pages.