Discussion in 'Javascript' started by edfialk, May 10, 2007.

  1. edfialk

    edfialk Guest

    Hello,

    I have a web application up at http://niceguy.wustl.edu/openlayers
    It's a comparison tool for different gridded emission data using
    OpenLayers mapping.
    Feel free to play around with it.

    I'm looking for a way to have a loading message once the user clicks
    submit.
    I can easily make the message (or animation, w/e) appear somewhere
    once the request is submitted, but my problem lies in making the
    message disappear once the request is fulfilled.

    In this case, the request is simply downloading an image.

    Does anyone know if there's a way to detect if data is still
    downloading, or if something has finished downloading, or any other
    idea that could help me here?

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

    -Ed