    wireless connection requires a wireless network adaptor, often called
    a WLAN card.
    http://www.askstar.com.cn/health/Installing-Wireless-Technologies.htm
    anganb, Nov 6, 2007

  2. anganb wrote:
    > Local Area Network (LAN)
    >
    > Both an EtherNet (wire) network and a wireless network are referred to
    > as a Local Area Network (LAN). A wireless network does not require
    > hubs, switchers, or routers to include additional users on the
    > network.

    An ethernet LAN des not require hubs routers or switches either.

    > Additional wireless users are supported just by being in the
    > immediate physical span of the network.

    Ditto ethernet, but I doubt yu can remember back that far..

    > A wireless LAN (or Wi-Fi network) may be configured in two different
    > ways:
    >
    > Ad Hoc mode: Allows only for communication between different personal
    > computers and wireless devices, often referred to as peer-to-peer
    > communication.
    > Infrastructure mode: Required for communication with the World Wide
    > Web, a printer, or a wired device of any sort. In either case, this
    > wireless connection requires a wireless network adaptor, often called
    > a WLAN card.
    > http://www.askstar.com.cn/health/Installing-Wireless-Technologies.htm

    Seems like you are talking more or less nonsense for reasons I can't
    fathom.

    What is your point?
    The Natural Philosopher, Nov 6, 2007

  3. anganb

    Ivan Marsh Guest

    On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 00:42:57 -0800, anganb wrote:

    > A wireless network does not require hubs, switchers, or routers to
    > include additional users on the network. Additional wireless users are
    > supported just by being in the immediate physical span of the network.

    This is not accurate. Your wireless access point is, in fact, a hub or
    switch. A wireless access point supports a specific number of concurrent
    connections... either based on licensing or, at the very least, the
    capacity of the ARP table.

    --
    I told you this was going to happen.
    Ivan Marsh, Nov 6, 2007
  4. Ivan Marsh wrote:
    > On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 00:42:57 -0800, anganb wrote:
    >
    >> A wireless network does not require hubs, switchers, or routers to
    >> include additional users on the network. Additional wireless users are
    >> supported just by being in the immediate physical span of the network.

    > This is not accurate. Your wireless access point is, in fact, a hub or
    > switch. A wireless access point supports a specific number of concurrent
    > connections... either based on licensing or, at the very least, the
    > capacity of the ARP table.

    Good point. So basically nothing in the OP is correct?
    The Natural Philosopher, Nov 6, 2007