OT: LAN (local area network) Questions

iMac Lover

If you are associated with a university or business computer network
management system or just a knowledgeable individual, please assist me by
answering the following questions. Your answers will provide the data needed
to compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the three types
of LANs (peer- to peer LAN, client-server LAN, and server-based LAN). Thanks
in advance for any input you may offer.

What particular type of LAN was chosen?
What type of hardware, software and communication is shared on the network?
What are some problems you encounter with this type of LAN?
What are the advantages of this type of LAN for this business or compute lab?
Will you or the company be changing LAN anytime soon?

For those using --- Mainframes and Minicomputers
What are the advantages of these types of systems over a computer network?
Will they be converting to a LAN in the near future?

Again, I thank you for any input you may offer.
iMac Lover

Steve van Dongen

If you are associated with a university or business computer network
management system or just a knowledgeable individual, please assist me by
answering the following questions. Your answers will provide the data needed
to compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the three types
of LANs (peer- to peer LAN, client-server LAN, and server-based LAN). Thanks
in advance for any input you may offer.

Simply putting "OT: " in your subject line doesn't make it OK to post
blatently off topic questions. Find a networking group.

Regards,
Steve

Hywel Jenkins

[...]

Stuck with your homework?