OT: LAN (local area network) Questions

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by iMac Lover, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. iMac Lover

    iMac Lover Guest

    If you are associated with a university or business computer network
    management system or just a knowledgeable individual, please assist me by
    answering the following questions. Your answers will provide the data needed
    to compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the three types
    of LANs (peer- to peer LAN, client-server LAN, and server-based LAN). Thanks
    in advance for any input you may offer.

    What particular type of LAN was chosen?
    What type of hardware, software and communication is shared on the network?
    What are some problems you encounter with this type of LAN?
    What are the advantages of this type of LAN for this business or compute lab?
    Will you or the company be changing LAN anytime soon?

    For those using --- Mainframes and Minicomputers
    What are the advantages of these types of systems over a computer network?
    Will they be converting to a LAN in the near future?

    Again, I thank you for any input you may offer.
    iMac Lover

    iMac Lover, Sep 5, 2003

  2. On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 04:20:07 GMT, iMac Lover
    <> wrote:

    >If you are associated with a university or business computer network
    >management system or just a knowledgeable individual, please assist me by
    >answering the following questions. Your answers will provide the data needed
    >to compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the three types
    >of LANs (peer- to peer LAN, client-server LAN, and server-based LAN). Thanks
    >in advance for any input you may offer.

    Simply putting "OT: " in your subject line doesn't make it OK to post
    blatently off topic questions. Find a networking group.

    Regards,
    Steve

    Steve van Dongen, Sep 5, 2003

  3. In article <0001HW.BB7D7A160015C4C3F0284600@news-
    server.midsouth.rr.com>, says...
    > If you are associated with a university or business computer network
    > management system or just a knowledgeable individual, please assist me by
    > answering the following questions. Your answers will provide the data needed
    > to compare and contrast the advantages and disadvantages of the three types
    > of LANs (peer- to peer LAN, client-server LAN, and server-based LAN). Thanks
    > in advance for any input you may offer.
    >
    > What particular type of LAN was chosen?
    > What type of hardware, software and communication is shared on the network?
    > What are some problems you encounter with this type of LAN?
    > What are the advantages of this type of LAN for this business or compute lab?
    > Will you or the company be changing LAN anytime soon?
    >
    > For those using --- Mainframes and Minicomputers
    > What are the advantages of these types of systems over a computer network?
    > Will they be converting to a LAN in the near future?

    Stuck with your homework?

    --
    Hywel

    Hywel Jenkins, Sep 5, 2003