local & remote interface for EJB in WebSphere 6ND

7

75blured

I've got a specific question about how to handle the communication
between a WAR and an external EAR which have got EJBs inside.

Indeed I'd like to know if it is possible to make the calls by EJB
Local interfaces between the WAR and the JAR of EJBs or are you forced
to use remote interfaces ?

What I've understood is that inside an EAR, it is possible to use local
interface by using the references of EJB inside the WebApplication
(WAR). So when you do a : context.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/MyEJB") in
the webApp, there is an indirect lookup to the EJB in the JAR and the
fact is that the Local Interface is used.

The second question is what about the clustering when using local
interfaces ? will it work correctly ? or when you use local interface
is it impossible to use clustering ?

Regards,
75Blured.