Localhost:1081

Tina

My asp.net 2.0 app always uses LocalHost:1081. Why does it use port 1081?
If I access my web app by typing in//localhost/myapp the application is
executed but does not work correctly. But if I enter //Localhost:1081/myapp
it works great.

Can someone explain this?
Thanks,

Gaurav Vaish \(MasterGaurav\)

Are you hosting is on IIS? or standalone built-in web-server from Visual
Studio?

If it's IIS... check the port settings in IIS Manager (inetmgr.exe)

Brian Williams

When developing in Visual Studio 2005 and browsing or debugging via Studio
it will create a Virtual Port. This allows a developer to develop without
actualy having an IIS Server runnign on port 80. You can install the IIS
server and then post the web application to it by right clicking on the
project and selecting post website.

Regards,
Brian K. Williams

Tina

Brian,
I'm using Visual Studio Professional on Server 2003 and when I right click
on my project there is no "post Website" choice. There is a Publish Web
Site but that, I believe, is for deployment. I have a virtual directory
established for the application.

Brian Williams

I'm sorry I didn't have my Studio Open, it is Publish Web Site. When you are
ready to publish your website, you can simply enter your URL into the Target
Location. You could use XCopy, but Publish will give you additional options.
I haven't ran Studio 2003 for so long, I'm not sure if it uses a Virtual
Port like Studio 2005.

Is it possible that someone changed your TCP Port under Web Site tab on IIS.
This is usually done when port 80 is not available. I ran a website under
port 2004 when my cable modem provider blocked incoming requests to port 80.

Regards,
Brian K. Williams