Localhost:1081 - again

Tina

(reposting this issue because I did not supply enough information on the
orginal post)

I'm using Visual Studio Professional 2005 on Server 2003 and I have a
virtual directory established for the application in IIS6.0. My asp.net 2.0
app always uses LocalHost:1081. Why does it use port 1081?
If I access my web app by using //localhost/myapp into a browser the
application is executed but does not work correctly. But if I enter
//Localhost:1081/myapp it works great.

Can someone explain this?
Thanks,

Juan T. Llibre

Check your IIS settings for the app.
You'll find that port 81 was set as the default port for that app.

Delete the IIS setting for the app, and recreate it
without specifying that the app should use port 81.

bruce barker

there are two types of web projects in vs, file based and iis based.
file based projects use vs builtin web server and its port number. if
you want to use iis, them when you open the website, pick iis as the
source and navigate to the site.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Will

You will need to publish your site to your local iis to see it with
just localhost or create a new project and make it IIS not File like
Bruce said....the first idea is an extra step.