ASP.NET Site - Cannot Connect to LocalHost

Guest

Hello All,

I am having trouble running the Debug version of one of my Web Site projects
through the VS 2005 IDE. This is a project that previously ran fine, and I
don't know what I could have changed to cause this to happen.

When I try to run it, I first get an error "ASP.NET Development Server
failed to start listening on port 1052. Error message: An attempt was made
to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions". Then, I get
an error "Unable to connect to Visual Studio's Localhost Web Server".

Note: this appears to be an issue similar to another thread - "ASP.NET site
hosted in File System problem" (10/19/2006) written by Hardy Wang and updated
by Walter Wang, but the solution provided does not appear to work in my case,
and there was no further follow-up. The main difference in that thread is
that I am not using IE7.

Thanks,
PAGates

Guest

Note: this appears to be an issue similar to another thread -

but the solution provided does not appear to work in my case

Actually, putting a different port number in there does appear to work.
However, the question remains "why does this happen in the first place?"

Thanks,
PAGates

Onwuka Emeka

Do you have anit-virus / firewall software that could be blocking those
ports that it refused to start on?

Guest

Onwuka Emeka said:
Do you have anit-virus / firewall software that could be blocking those
ports that it refused to start on?

I don't believe this to be the case, only because it was something that did
work and stopped working.