    problem with the .net installation or with xp installation ?

    Regards,
    Vinoth.
    Vino, Jul 21, 2006

  2. Vino

    Guest

    Better check web permissions.

    right click "My Computer " -> Manage -> under system tools , local
    users and groups-> users,
    click on it, you will see a list of users in the right pane.
    check whether u have IUSR_<username>, if not create it.

    -shakeel

    Vino wrote:

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'm running my .net on win xp . When i open a new ASP.NET application,
    > i get an error saying that - Cannot connect to local host on port 80.
    > reasons : localhost access may be denied.
    >
    > Any one know what is the solution for this problem ? is this the
    > problem with the .net installation or with xp installation ?
    >

    > Regards,
    > Vinoth.
    , Jul 21, 2006

  3. Vino

    Andrew Hayes Guest

    What happens if you open IE and put http://localhost/ in the address bar and
    click Go?
    Andrew Hayes, Jul 21, 2006
  4. That's most likly related to the XP firewall blocking access to port 80.

    Open your firewall management app and create an exception for port 80, http.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 21, 2006