Localization and Resource files?

Guest

I have a web application that I would like to convert into French. I know
that one way of doing this is through the resources files in asp.net. The
problem that I am up against is that many of the labels in the application
need to be customizable. For instance, "Date of Birth" may need to be called
"Birth Date" or "DOB". The user will be able to customize this label when
they set their preferences. The same label may have 5 options in French. The
user will only be able to choose from a set of predefined options for the
given label. So, is there any way to accommodate this type of customization
and localization using the resource files?

This type of customization could be done through the db, but I am trying to
limit the amount of work that it does. Do you know of a better alternative?