localization & storing text in database.

Guest

Hi there, I'm wondering if it's possible to store the .net resource in
database instead of resx file? Our site is a multi-lingual site ,storing text
in resx file give us a burden on the website deployment since the text is
changed often.

I'm thinking to store the text in database and establish a way to still
leverage the localization feature provided by .NET framework.

Guest

Ken, thanks for the reply, but this tool kit is bit far from my expectation.
--It still require the deployment which is my original concern in our
environment. I guess my requirement might be addressed by some of the content
management system.

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP said:
Hi Walter,

The Enterprise Localization Toolkit from Microsoft seems to discuss that
technique:

"SQL Server is used as a repository to store and manage the resources and
their relationships to HTML elements using the localization key. "

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/entloctoolkit.asp

Ken
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]