Location of tk.h

Discussion in 'Python' started by none, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. none

    none Guest

    Probably a stupid question, but...

    I was attempting to install the Tkinter 3000 WCK. It blew up trying to
    build _tk3draw. The first error is a 'No such file or directory' for
    tk.h. I can import and use Tkinter just fine, so I'm not sure what is
    what here.

    First few lines of install attempt (on my FC4 Linux install):

    [tkinter3000-1.1a1-20040905]$ python setup.py install
    running install
    running build
    running build_py
    running build_ext
    building '_tk3draw' extension
    gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -g -pipe
    -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -m32 -march=i386 -mtune=pentium4
    -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -D_GNU_SOURCE -fPIC -fPIC
    -I/usr/include/python2.4 -c _tk3draw.c -o
    build/temp.linux-i686-2.4/_tk3draw.o
    _tk3draw.c:64:16: error: tk.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /usr/include/python2.4/Python.h:8,
    from _tk3draw.c:67:
    /usr/include/python2.4/pyconfig.h:835:1: warning: "_POSIX_C_SOURCE"
    redefined
    In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:28,
    from _tk3draw.c:62:
    /usr/include/features.h:150:1: warning: this is the location of the
    previous definition
    _tk3draw.c:84: error: syntax error before ‘Tcl_Interp’
    none, Jul 23, 2005

  2. none wrote:
    > Probably a stupid question, but...
    >
    > I was attempting to install the Tkinter 3000 WCK. It blew up trying to
    > build _tk3draw. The first error is a 'No such file or directory' for
    > tk.h. I can import and use Tkinter just fine, so I'm not sure what is
    > what here.

    You can import and user Tkinter, sure, but the WCK setup is trying to
    -build- itself. Have you installed the relevant Tk development libraries?
    Christopher Subich, Jul 23, 2005

  3. none

    none Guest

    Christopher Subich wrote:
    > none wrote:
    >
    >> Probably a stupid question, but...
    >>
    >> I was attempting to install the Tkinter 3000 WCK. It blew up trying
    >> to build _tk3draw. The first error is a 'No such file or directory'
    >> for tk.h. I can import and use Tkinter just fine, so I'm not sure
    >> what is what here.

    > You can import and user Tkinter, sure, but the WCK setup is trying to
    > -build- itself. Have you installed the relevant Tk development libraries?

    Installing tk-devel solved that problem. Thank you.
    none, Jul 23, 2005