Log4j initializer problem

Jackft

Hey, I ve just tried to start a java prog; programm is ok, but log4j
doesnt initialize correctly ; I use
DOMConfigurator.configure("/data/log4j.xml");
in order to configure it.
My xml file is found (wbecause when I remove the file, I have the
log4jerror :file not found),
so it seems that there is a problem to parse the source, and with the
SchemeMap?? Anybody has an idea ?
Thank you very much,

log4j:ERROR Could not parse input source
[org.xml.sax.InputSource@18dfef8].
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.caucho.vfs.SchemeMap.loadSchemeFromRegistry(SchemeMap.java:206)
at com.caucho.vfs.SchemeMap.getScheme(SchemeMap.java:167)
at com.caucho.vfs.Path.lookup(Path.java:142)
at com.caucho.vfs.Vfs.lookup(Vfs.java:84)
at com.caucho.xml.AbstractParser.parse(AbstractParser.java:580)
at com.caucho.xml.AbstractParser.parseDocument(AbstractParser.java:783)
at com.caucho.xml.parsers.AbstractDocumentBuilder.parse(AbstractDocumentBuilder.java:77)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:665)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:616)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.doConfigure(DOMConfigurator.java:584)
at org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(DOMConfigurator.java:687)
at europe.tools.utils.Logger.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at europe.db.service.DatabaseService.<clinit>(DatabaseService.java:68)
at europe.app.BillingCron.main(BillingCron.java:43)
(europe.factory.jdbc/Billing).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly