log4j problem with root logger level

sznury

Hi,

I use log4j 1.2.15.
Configuration on in log4j.xml.
I have two appenders: console and database.
There are also logger A with log level DEBUG and appender database and
root logger with log level ERROR and appender console.
In application I write logs to logger A on INFO level. This logs are
saved in database but also display in console in spite of the root
logger level is set to ERROR. Anyway it doesn't matter what log level
I set for root logger it writes all on console. Do you know how to set
the root logger level?

Regards
/Marcin