Login destinationpageurl error: 26 - Error Locating Server on deployment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by jobs, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. jobs

    jobs Guest

    Remote aspnetdb being used for membership security.

    Works great when I compile/run on my vs.net client.

    However when I deploy the website to the webserver, and test the login
    I can see site is talking to the database as a wrong password produces
    the expected message, and correct password tries to take me to the
    destinationpageurl, but I get this message while it tries to to load
    that page after about 10 seconds.

    An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.
    When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the
    fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote
    connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error
    Locating Server/Instance Specified)

    security on destination page's directory is "all users" = allow. And
    again it works fine on my vs.net client before I deploy.

    I've tried every authentication setting in IIS.

    Thanks for any help or information.
    jobs, Jun 7, 2007